What is Cervical Spondylosis? How Ayurvedic treatment is beneficial for this problem?
What is Cervical Spondylosis?
Cervical Spondylosis is the type of Arthritis that grows in the spine by making an issue in cervical vertebrae, and then pain occurs in the back of the neck. The problem even results in numbness in the upper limbs and sensory loss. As per Ayurveda, it is referred to as Grivasandhigatvata. During Ayurvedic treatment for cervical spondylosis, the root cause is found by balancing the doshas, and Asthidathu is strengthened.
Who is at increased risk of cervical spondylosis?
- People living a sedentary lifestyle.
- IT professionals using computers all day long and not getting enough rest.
- Aged persons
- People diagnosed with digestive issues
- People having neck injuries.
- People having poor posture due to improper sitting or sleeping.
- People with hormonal issues like PCOS, autoimmune diseases, and hyper-thyroids.
What are the causes?
Cervical spondylolisthesis is a disease which affects the intervertebral disc. Cervical spines have seven vertebrae and IV discs help in providing the providing which is a gel-like material. During this condition, the vertebrae and IV disc are impacted differently. Some of the major causes are:
- Intervertebral disc prolapse
- Dehydrated discs
- Bone spurs
What are the symptoms?
- Excess pain in the cervical region increases due to strain and movement.
- Neck stiffness
- Pain reaching the lower back
- Sudden head movement results in a feeling of giddiness
- Upper limbs have a weakness, tingling, or numbness.
- Referred pain can reach the back of the scalp, upper arms, and excess movement.
Ayurvedic approach for Cervical Spondylosis
As per Ayurveda, the degenerative conditions come under the Vata disease. Different diseases have the same symptoms as this one for instance:
According to Ayurveda, Manyasthambha is categorized into among 80 diseases caused by Vata. During old age, this dosha will be predominant, and this is the reason body tissues have degenerated. Moreover, the vertebrae get dry along with excessive pain and disc degeneration. On the other hand, Kapha results in disabilities and stiffness.
Ayurvedic treatment strongly focuses on managing the pain and aches. The goal of the treatment is to rehydrate the bones and increase bone strength. Along with some types of oils, medications are used with panchakarma to give you the benefit you need. Focusing on your diet and improving your lifestyle will improve your well-being to a great extent.
Different medicines are there to manage the Vata problems. The focus will be given on reducing the pain and inflammation. Your Ayurvedic doctor will understand the root cause of the problem and accordingly suggest to you what suits your condition.
What are the additional formulations for cervical spondylosis?
- Rasnasaptakam Kashayam
- Ashwagandha churna
- Ashtavargam Kashayam
- Prasarinyadi kashayam
- Dashamoola Rasnadi kashayam
- Prasarinyadi thailam
Ayurvedic treatment offers complete care to cervical spondylosis patients. The combinational treatment approach provides multidimensional benefits to individuals. For better understanding, book your consultation today only.
*Always make sure whatever you are consuming is under the doctor’s guidance.