Diarrhea, also known as atisara in Ayurveda, is basically a disease that directly affects the body’s digestive system. It is characterized by the urgent and continuous passage of poorly formed stools. The common reasons for diarrhea to hit you are indigestion or microbial infection. Apart from that, psychological elements such as guilt and fear might also be responsible for diarrhea. The food and ma (toxins) which are undigested are the real cause of the accumulation in the stomach that causes the violation in one of all the doshas in the body. Diarrhea can also be responsible for involving the passage of blood visa stools.
With the help of Ayurvedic Doctor Ludhiana, you can easily learn about the real cause that is leading to diarrhea and how it can be treated.
Why Choose Ayurveda For Diarrhea?
Unlike any other treatment, Ayurveda focuses on removing the problem from its root. It aims to cure by completely eradicating the ama and also the vitiated doshas. Formulas made from herbs and other natural ingredients are used in treating diarrhea. Some of the herbs include deepana, which increases hunger, and pachana, which helps in digestion components in them. All these properties help restore the digestion level.
Before the doctor in an Ayurvedic clinic in Ludhiana recommends any medicines for the treatment, they provide an ayurvedic herb which is known as haritaki (chebulic myrobalan), as it helps in removing the ama.
Some other herbs, such as virechana (purgation) and Basti (enema) is also suggested as they are the therapies of panchakarma (five treatments) if you have diarrhea. If you wanted to eliminate toxins from the body completely, it would be wise to take basti.
What Are The Ayurvedic Treatments For Diarrhea?
Ayurvedic medications which help in treating diarrhea mainly consist of nidana parivarjana and shamana chikitsa, which is basically a pacification treatment. They also include pachana, langhana, deepana (hunger increasing), and stambhana (stops diarrhea). When your doshas are in excess or, in some cases, the toxins are accumulated, then Shodhana (purification) treatment that involves virechana and basti is highly recommended.
What Are The Ayurveda Herbs Used In Medication?
- To treat the condition of diarrhea, the powered ring of the haritaki fruit is used. They are also very beneficial in treating other digestive problems.
- If you have diarrhea, the doctor gives you haritaki to induce purgation as it helps in removing all the ama that is accumulated in the body.
- You can take haritaki in the form of churna (powder) or decoction too.
- It also helps improve the gastric-emptying time and takes a protective action on the gastric mucosa.
- They are also very beneficial in rakta atisara. It is basically diarrhea with blood. You can ingest it with honey or milk as it stops the hemorrhage of the blood vessels.
Book Your Consultation Now
Suppose this is an everyday occurrence and has disturbed your normal day-to-day life activities. In that case, we highly recommend you to visit Dr. Vatsyayan’sVatsyayan’s Sanjivani Ayurvedshala for an ayurvedic therapy.