Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS in Ludhiana, Ayurvedic Medicine for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is one of the most common female endocrine hormonal issues which affects women in their reproductive age. The occurrence of this disorder affects around 20% of women and it can even lead to secondary infertility. In Ayurveda, it is linked to Atharva Kshaya.
With this disorder, the ovaries produce androgens in excess which increases the LH level and reduces the FSH which makes it difficult for the eggs to get matured and leads to irregular menstruation. If you are struggling through the same situation then make sure to consult the doctor for the Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS in Ludhiana. Our doctor will do this through consultation and then only suggest the best Ayurvedic Medicine for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
What are the causes of PCOD?
The exact reason is not known but the problem is linked to abnormal hormonal issues.
- Insulin resistance
- Hormone imbalance
- High levels of androgens
- Increased levels of inflammation
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
- Weight issue
- Thin hair
- Skin pigmentation or thick skin
- Back & face acne
- Hair growth on the face
- Irregular menstrual cycle (less than 9 cycles in a year)
PCOS Treatment in Ayurveda
PCOS disorder needs timely diagnosis and long-term management to manage the symptom. Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS suggests Nasya, Uttarbasti, Shirodhara, and Detoxification along with lifestyle & dietary changes. To treat the disease, ayurvedic experts follow a systematic plan which helps to address the symptoms properly.
Fertility restoration: Addressing the AMH level and regular ovulation
Weight loss in PCOS: Studies have shown that if a woman reduces the weight by 5% to 10% then the menstrual cycle can become regular.
Restoration of the menstrual cycle: By giving treatment for thin endometrium and scanty blood loss.
Treatment of hirsutism, hair fall & acne: Ayurvedic doctors can suggest therapies to deal with skin and hair problems.
Lowering of serum insulin levels: Restoring normal hormonal levels
Mostly Ayurvedic medicine is given for 6 to 12 menstrual cycles along with making the necessary modification in diet and lifestyle.
What are the necessary dietary changes for PCOS?
- Do not consume artificial sweeteners and sugary food.
- During the menstruation cycle, reduce salt intake.
- Increase the intake of vegetables and fruits.
- Include whole grains in your diet.
- Non-vegetarian protein food items should include organic eggs, organic chicken, whole grains, legumes, and fresh fish.
- Do not consume red meat, deep-fried food, snack food, and chicken in excess.
What are the necessary changes to make in your lifestyle?
- For PCOS patients, it is essential to control the stress level. By doing so, the hormones are balanced.
- You need to drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water daily.
- Do the moderate level exercise for 45 minutes.
Yoga for PCOS
Yoga is considered beneficial for the reproductive system. Some of the yoga asanas you should do are Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vrikshasana, Uttanpadasana, Badhakonasana, and Vajrasana. Studies have shown that they can develop a healthy and regular menstrual cycle.
As per your condition, the Ayurvedic treatment is planned by our Physician. With the help of detailed consultation, treatment is given based on the individual strength which can benefit their well-being.