In Sanskrit, the knee joint is known as Janu Sandhi. From here, the name of the procedure done on the knee joints is called Janu Basti. In the process, the joint of the knee is bathed in warm medicines, either freshly arranging herbal concoction or oil. The medication would depend on the type of condition you are suffering from on the knee joint; it would be applied in either one or both the knee joints. In Ayurveda, knee joints are considered to be Sandhi marma. It is basically a joint type in an important area. If you want to treat your knee joint problem from Ayurveda, you can book an appointment now at an Ayurvedic clinic in Ludhiana. In short, Janu Basti is a special therapy or massage for the knee that helps rejuvenate the Janu Marma.
What is The treatment of this method?
Given below are some of the treatments available done in this method of curing the health concern of knee joints.
- Let us begin with Droni- in this section; the Ayurvedic Doctor Ludhiana tells the person to lie on the massage table on their back.
- A reservoir which is made of dough prepared by black gram is ap0pluied on the knee joint. The dough should be in such a way that it should cover the whole joint of the knee.
- After making sure that the ring would not leak, the doctor applies the lukewarm medication or concoction made of fresh herbs or oil gradually. After that concoction is cool down, the doctor then removes the excess with the help of cotton gauze, and the whole process is repeated again.
- At the end of this method, the ring is gradually removed from the knee joint, and then they would massage the affected area. The ayurvedic physician would recommend that the patient take a short rest.
What is the duration of this whole process?
The whole procedure does not take much. The doctor would easily end the treatment of Ayurveda for the knee joint is around 30 minutes at max.
What are The benefits of Knee Joint treatment?
The benefits of knee joints ayurvedic treatment is given below, also known as Janu Basti.
- It appeases the provoked Vata dosha in the knee joint.
- It helps in restoring the lubricating fluid which is in the joint. This helps maintain the integrity of the joint and the involved structures.
- It helps remove or reduce the pain, discomfort, and stiffness in the knee joint.
- It also contributes to deducing the age-related knee joint problem that people suffer.
- Janu Basti helps increase the circulation of the blood, which in return nourishes and strengthens the joints of the knee.
- It improves the knee flexion or extension; basically, the knee joint mobility gets better.
What conditions indicate knee joint problem?
- Chronic pain of the knee joint
- Arthrosis of knee joints
- Osteoarthritis of knee joints
For All Intents And Purposes
You might be aware of the benefits of treating your knee joint problem with Ayurveda.