What is constipation? What are its most common causes and symptoms?
Constipation is one of the common problems which is way bigger than it might seem. Neglecting the situation for a long time can turn out to be problematic in the future. Your condition may be due to some other health issue. This is where you must get yourself consulted by an Ayurvedic practitioner. The doctor will suggest to you the right kind of constipation ayurvedic medicine, After evaluating your entire condition and what is the reason you are experiencing this problem. At Dr. Vatsyayan’s Sanjivani Ayurvedshala you will be given the treatment which can do wonders in your condition as the treatment will give you relief from the root cause.
What is constipation?
Constipation is the state when the bowel is not frequent and individuals experience having a normal bowel movement. With this condition, it rings in embarrassment and the patient gets stressed about how to handle the problem. This condition is likely to occur when you make certain modifications in the diet or your body is not getting the right amount of fiber it needs. It is important to understand that there is no need to be embarrassed about this condition and getting yourself evaluated medically is important.
How to identify I have a constipation problem?
Some of the key features are:
- The stool is very hard and dry
- Feeling like bowel is not emptied completely
- Bowel movement leads to pain and stool is not easy to pass
Apart from that, if you notice the presence of blood in the stool, pain while passing stool, or constipation for more than 3 weeks, then you have to consult the Ayurvedic practitioner.
What are the possible causes of constipation?
Constipation can occur due to changes in lifestyle, medication, and health issues. Some of the reasons we have mentioned below to have a proper understanding:
- A diet that is extremely less in fiber
- Water consumption is less than required
- Taking extra stress
- Not following an exercise regime or not following any type of physical activity
- Intake of excess cheese and milk
- Putting extra stress to clear bowel
- Intake of strong painkillers like codeine, hydromorphone, and oxycodone
- Intake of pills & iron supplements
- Intake of allergy medications like antihistamines
- Intake of anti-nausea medications like ondansetron
- Patients consuming psychiatric medications like clozapine and olanzapine
- Lazy bowel syndrome
- Intestinal obstruction
- Colorectal cancer
- Diverticular disease
- Outlet dysfunction constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Multiple organ diseases like amyloidosis, lupus, and scleroderma
Make sure if you have to take any medication then you consult the doctor and never try to self-medicate yourself as this can make your condition worse.
What are the common symptoms of constipation?
If you notice symptoms continuously, then you should neglect them at any cost. Getting yourself the right kind of Ayurvedic treatment on time will prevent the condition from getting worse. Some of the common symptoms which you have to be careful about are:
- Extreme pain or problem passing the stool
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach ache or cramps
- Having a feeling that bowel is not empty
- Experiment with nausea and bloating
- Bowel movements are less than 3 times per week
Get the best Ayurvedic treatment plan
First of all, it is important to understand this condition is normal but there is no need to prevent yourself from getting the treatment. It is important to treat constipation like any problem you would. It is better that you do not delay the situation. If you are experiencing this issue, then book your initial consultation with our experienced Ayurvedic practitioner.