Which are the top Ayurvedic tips suggested for a good digestive system?
The COVID crisis has left an alarming factor that there is nothing more important than our health. Along with following the necessary COVID safety guidelines, you must be accountable for your overall health. One of the major reasons is that the demand for the best Ayurvedic Doctor Punjab is increasing at a fast pace. At our Ayurvedic clinic in Ludhiana, the doctor suggests the patients be extra careful when it comes to digestive health as many health issues are the major culprit of its working. In this blog, we have shared some insightful information shared by our experienced Ayurvedic practitioner Dr. R Vatsyayan.
Healthy food is the gateway to overall well-being
- Eat three meals every day
You should never skip any meal of the day because when you do so the digestive system working is affected.
- Eat-in right proportion
You need to eat in the right proportion like breakfast has to be light, substantial lunch and light dinner.
- Start your day with hot water
Make sure that you drink at least one glass or cup of hot water mixed with lemon juice. This allows the digestive system juices to flow correctly and the digestive tract will get cleansed. Caffeinated beverages are not recommended.
- Keep yourself hydrated
You need to drink enough water every day but water intake is not right with a meal. Avoid the intake of ice drinks, alcohol, or caffeinated beverages.
Additionally, eat fresh food, after the meal eat fennel seed for improved digestion & fresh breath, and in the night drink warm milk.
Set the right time for food intake
- Set the routine
You need to eat your meal at the set time. Just like your sleep cycle, you need to set the digestive cycle correctly.
- Pre-program meal
When you pre-program something you know you have to take it out. Similarly, you need to set the mealtime so that you can take better care of your health.
Do not try to link 2 unwanted food options together
- There is no fun in combining the 2 different food combinations. If you do so, then digestion is impacted and ama build-up will increase.
- Never combine cream and milk along with sour & salty tastes.
- Fruit is best to have every day as it allows digestion to occur smoothly
- Do not take fish or meat along with milk
- Honey is not best when you cook or heat it.
What are the Ayurvedic tips to prepare and serve a healthy meal?
- Always prepare in a good mood
You need to make sure that you are preparing the meal with care and love. Bear in mind, everything is linked to each other.
- Eat at the right place
Always have your meal in the area or room which is designed for eating. Do not have your food in the work area or your room.
- Never prepare food in a bad mood
It might not seem true but it is. When you prepare food with negative food it affects the liver and digestion. Moreover, the food will not get digested easily.
- Eat-in silence
You need to always eat in silence and focus on the food flavors, colors, aromas, and textures.
Additional mindful tips for good digestion
- While having food do not watch television or read a book
- You need to chew your food and then swallow it down slowly
- Following the meal, you should sip down on warm water for better digestion
- As per Ayurveda, there is no need to keep on eating the food till the time you are not full.